Standard Klorman™ Unit
The Klorman™ is a compact, easy to install, easy to use chlorinator that converts feed-water into a continuous stream of active chlorine sanitizer. Klorman™ is ideal for any application where viruses, bacteria, fungal spores and protozoa need to be controlled. In most processes, only 10% of water used is usually responsible for 90% of all sanitation problems, and experience has shown that to chlorinate all input water at a single point in a facility is simply not the answer, since sanitation requirements vary for different applications.
As a POINT-OF-USE chlorinator, Klorman™ can be installed at critical points in the production chain to supply effective sanitation at key points in the process. The unit dispenses Hypochlor®, a mild calcium-based chlorine that forms a sanitizing solution which is non-corrosive, pH stable and environmentally safe.
The standard Klorman™ Unit has a spring in the chamber which makes it adjustable for purposes of low level chlorination for drinking water or adjustable to high level chlorination for general wash down purposes.
For variable adjustment the chlorine cartridge is equipped with a black plastic seal ring on the base of the cartridge and the Klorman™ has calibration lines on the exterior of the unit body which indicates “LOW” and “HIGH” levels of adjustment.
The Klorman™ Unit operates through the contact of incoming water with Hypochlor® calcium hypochlorite based tablets. Chlorine concentration achieved in the water line is determined by:
- Water pressure, i.e. line pressure and/or back pressure.
- Water Flow through the unit i.e. gallons or liters per minute.
The rate of dissolution of the Hypochlor® tablets is therefore solely determined by water pressure and flow. Of these, the water pressure is the most important for optimally utilizing the Klorman™.
- Adjustment of the incoming water pressure could therefore either prevent the water from immersing the tablets in the cartridge, or ensure that the tablets are partially or completely immersed within the cartridge chamber if this is required.
- Each chlorine cartridge is fitted with a black seal-ring that protects the tablets from the feed-water pressure and therefore retards the dissolution of the chlorine tablets. This seal regulates the chlorine level in the water, depending upon water pressure or by adjustment of the cap.
The Klorman™ is ideal for use in:
- Food processing facilities / pack houses.
- Shelf life enhancement of:
- Fresh meat.
- Other perishables.
- Bio-fouling control.
- Portable water disinfection.
- Borehole and well water disinfection.
- Dam and river water disinfection.
- Environmental hygiene.
- Mortuary / Morgue / Abattoirs sanitation and disinfection.
- Sanitation of porous and non porous food contact surfaces.
- Pre and post harvest of fruit and vegetable washing.
- Medical emergency care:
- Fire Departments.
- Animal Kennels.
- Greenhouses and Nurseries.